Ren Seeks Help is the second episode of the Ren & Stimpy spin-off show, Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon". Created by John Kricfalusi, the series lasted from June 26, 2003 to July 24, 2003 on Spike TV (formerly TNN).
Ren Seeks Help is reviewed by PhantomStrider to be considered the #1 Worst Cartoon of All Time due to its excessive animal cruelty (Ren mutilating/killing various animals including a frog, whom he doesn't kill so the frog will continue suffering), and overall disturbing imagery (Ren killing Mr. Horse, right before chewing off an animal control officer's arm, and a 3 minute long sequence of Stimpy loudly crying over something no one gets to see). He even mentions that Adult Party Cartoon was so bad that Billy West (Stimpy's voice actor) decided to take no part in it.
Lists Strider Includes Ren Seeks Help
- It made it to Worst Cartoons of All Time at #1 (November 21, 2015)
- Ren from the particular episode made it to Worst Cartoon Characters at #1 (July 4, 2016)
- The Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" series as a whole made it as a dishonorable mention in Worst Cartoon Remakes (July 25, 2016)
- It made it to Worst American Cartoons at #1 (October 29, 2016)
- The Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" series as a whole made it to Worst Cancelled Cartoons at #1 (June 20, 2017)
- Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" aired its 3 episodes ("Onward and Upwards", "Ren Seeks Help", and "Fire Dogs 2: Parts 1 & 2") from June 26, 2003 to July 24, 2003. However, due to the overwhelmingly negative reception, the final 3 episodes didn't get to air on television ("Naked Beach Frenzy", "Altruists", and "Stimpy's Pregnant). However, the 3 unaired episodes were released on DVD on July 18, 2006.
- He's reviewed this a total of 4 times (excluding as dishonorable mentions).
- First reviewed the series as a whole in Worst Cancelled Cartoons.
- He mentions in Worst Cancelled Cartoons that Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon" had its creator, John Kricfalusi, summoned by Viacom to make an adult remake in 2002. However, only 3 episodes aired on Spike TV (formerly TNN) and the rest were sent to DVD in 2006 due to the overly controversial content of "Naked Beach Frenzy", "Altruists", and "Stimpy's Pregnant". Due to lawsuits following the cartoon, John Kricfalusi had shut down his company Spümcø in 2005.