The Simpsons is an American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical depiction of working-class life epitomized by the Simpson family, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield and parodies American culture, society, television, and the human condition.
The family was conceived by Groening shortly before a solicitation for a series of animated shorts with producer James L. Brooks. Groening created a dysfunctional family and named the characters after members of his own family, substituting Bart for his own name. The shorts became a part of The Tracey Ullman Show on April 19, 1987. After a three-season run, the sketch was developed into a half-hour prime time show and became an early hit for Fox, becoming the network's first series to land in the Top 30 ratings in a season (1989–90).
The Simpsons was considered to be one of the most famous cartoons in history, and the longest running counting 618 episodes (28 seasons), as of May 21, 2017. PhantomStrider (along with everyone else) loved the early seasons of the show, and can still have its gems in newer seasons. However, since 1997, the show became a lot more bland, and had a lot less structure than seasons 1-8 did.
Lists Strider Includes The SimpsonsEdit
- He made Best Simpsons Episodes, which shows his absolute favorite episodes of the show (July 10, 2014).
- He made Worst Simpsons Episodes, which shows his personal least favorite episodes of the show (July 23, 2015).
- The episode Lisa Goes Gaga made it as an "honorable" mention Worst Episodes of Good Cartoons (May 8, 2016).
- It made it to Best American Cartoons at #2 (December 25, 2016).
- It made it to Top 6 Cartoons That Got Bad at #5 (March 23, 2017).
- The Simpsons Guy (the Family Guy and Simpsons crossover) made it to Worst Cartoon Crossovers at #6 (May 14, 2017).