Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
|7||Brainy Smurf||The Smurfs|
|5||Allen Gregory||Allen Gregory|
|3||Peter & Brian Griffin||Family Guy|
|2||The Annoying Orange|
|1||Ren||Ren Seeks Help (Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon")|
|Character||Cartoon||Image||Why It's Not on the List|
|SwaySway and Buhdeuce||Breadwinners||"Undisputed winners of the stupidest name in the world contest! The only reason these two aren't on the list is because I've already talked about them three times, including in my Worst Cartoons of All Time. And I imagine you are as sick of these two ducks as I am! It is truly the dawn of a better day with these two ducks cancelled!"|
|Ronaldo||Steven Universe||"The bane of Steven Universe! Thank Atheismo, Rebecca Sugar stopped giving him screen time!"|
|Lemongrab||Adventure Time||"Imagine a character specifically designed to speak all the wrong inflections and to be intolerably annoying in every manner possible. A character who squeals his sentences rather than talks. Mercifully, we only had to tolerate this strange yellow confused fusspot for a couple of episodes."|
|Patrick||Modern SpongeBob||"Interestingly, modern Patrick is absolutely hated by a great deal of community now. Patrick was actually recommended for this list more than any other character. I admit, he's become a jerk in later seasons but my main defense for choosing Krabs over him was that Krabs has just been a bad apple from the start. But Patrick certainly gets a dishonorable mention."|
|D.W.||Arthur||"I think I've missed the age group for Arthur of their bets because, even as a kid, it was just a little to wholesome for me. But I didn't hate it or anything, but D.W.! This irritating little ass just stuck in my head! Sadly, whenever I think Arthur, I just think of how annoying D.W. was. Interesting side fact; did you know there was 19 freaking seasons of this show? Geebus! And it is still going! After 19 freaking years, how is this strange little aardvark still 8 years old?"|
|Troll||A Troll in Central Park||"Ugh! I will not feed this troll!"|
|Davey||Eight Crazy Nights||"Take all the most obnoxious, screwed, annoying characteristics of Adam Sandler's films, and then mesh those into one vile, irredeemable character."|
- PhantomStrider: "When he wasn't trying to swindle his "friends" out of their money…"
Bloo: "How much you got?"
Wilt: "I got a buck."
PhantomStrider: "He was putting the entire household in DANGER with his insane ideas! Bendy was technically worse, but at least he was only in one episode. Bloo's the main frickin' character of the show!"
-His description of why he personally hates Bloo from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends".
- PhantomStrider: "I can manage to tolerate... a lot of things about Family Guy. I can tolerate the empty, nauseating shock humor, the mean-sprited, foul jokes, and the endless celebrity references. But I just can't TOLERATE Peter and Brian! These two are just PURE, hateful characters, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever! Many may disagree with me on this choice, but personally, Peter and Brian were the first characters I thought of when I made this list."
Brian Griffin: "Yes, I am that Brian Griffin. You probably have my novel; you have my novel, right?"
PhantomStrider (About Peter): "Peter was made to hide around the premise of being, quote on quote, retarded. But Seth can't even write an intellectually changelled character nowadays! An intellectually changelled person isn't capable of being so intelligently sadistic as Peter! Peter is just an unapologetically cruel, neglectful, and outright EVIL character! He attacks his friends, he abuses his children, he abuses his wife! Peter is an outright insult to intellectually changed people."
PhantomStrider (About Brian): "And the fan fury behind Brian's character nowadays is almost comical to see. People now hate Brian SO much, that the general fan consensus is that the main highlight of the new episodes is when they see him in pain. If it didn't feel so much like Brian was a direct SOAP-BOX for Seth's arrogant, self-indulgent agendas, he might be slightly more tolerable. But now, every time Brian opens his mouth, I just end up disliking him even more, and even when he's meant to be NICE, he's so painfully transparent, shallow, and openly exploitive of others that is always cringeworthy to watch!"
-Description of Peter & Brian Griffin.
- PhantomStrider: "Anyway, here we go! Just a note for this final choice, we're gonna have to venture to some… very dark territory. I'll be honest, it's a place I never wanted to visit again as long as I lived. Oh, yes! The #1 worst cartoon character is… Ren from Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon"!"
-His Worst Cartoons of All Time warning.
- PhantomStrider: "We watched Ren grow up, relishing with glee in watching the suffering of living things. Eventually discovering, he doesn't WANT to kill them, because THAT would end their suffering, leading to his slow growth into an abusive partner. Eventually, Ren breaks down into an even more animalistic state, with known mental functioning beyond a wild beast with a desire to kill. Amputating and clawing his way to a slow end of caging in isolation."
-Description of "Adult Party" Ren.
- PhantomStrider: "But despite these cartoons existing, many of them might as well not exist. Most of these characters were over a decade old, and nowadays, I'm blown away by how likable and relatable new cartoons are making their characters. Even the lousiest of teen sitcoms have characters that are leagues more likable than these guys, and I'm glad to see cartoons always improving for new generations. Do you think I missed a particular character? There's such a wide variety of cartoons out there, I'd be amazed if I didn't miss at least a few. So feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments and as always, thanks for watching, and I'll see you next time!"
-His conclusion of the video
- This list currently has 8 dishonorable mentions, the most dishonorable mentions he had from any other list. This is also the first time he uses "dishonorable" mentions instead of "honorable" mentions for the absolute worst.
- 1st time he uses the Worst Cartoons of All Time warning for #1. 2nd time will be in Worst Animated Sequels. 3rd time will be in Worst Cancelled Cartoons.
- 4th time he reviews Family Guy (modern seasons).
- He made Worst Family Guy Episodes, which shows how abysmal Family Guy has been since 2010 (June 23, 2015).
- Puts Brian's a Bad Father (along with American Fung from American Dad!) in his Worst Cartoons of All Time (November 21, 2015).
- Calls it his #1 worst modern cartoon (April 12, 2016).
- Modern Patrick was a dishonorable mention since he personally found Mr. Krabs worse. However, a year later on July 21, 2017, he puts Modern Patrick at #5 and later talks about his character derailment in his Worst Characters from Good Cartoons (Same thing with Ronaldo from Steven Universe). Angelica also later appears on the same list at #1, and Bloo later makes it as a dishonorable mention.
- Angelica is the only female character to be on his list, while the rest of his choices are males.
- D.W. was also his only female dishonorable mention.
- Strider said that the reason why he chose Bloo over Bendy was because, while Bendy was objectively a worse character (he frames the four main characters for each of his wrongdoings and goes off without punishment), Bendy was fortunately only in one episode, while Bloo's the deuteragonist (secondary character) of the show.
- He even mentioned the infamous episode Everyone Knows It's Bendy as an "honorable" mention in Worst Episodes of Good Cartoons.